Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Washington, DC & New York City

I finally got the rest of our trip loaded so everyone can see how much fun we had. I hope the girls will remember most of the trip, I can't expect all of it. We saw and did way too much, but when we don't get to go back east much, you have to do your best to get as much in as possible.

When we were in Washington, DC, we stayed with Mike's aunt. It was nice to visit with them and I really enjoyed having the guided tours around the area so we could see as much stuff as we could in one day. Thanks Aunt D and Uncle A and even Dustin, you guys made our time there very educational and we appreciate everything you did for us and my parents.

We didn't even touch most of New York City. Mike and I would love to go back and see more and go to a show. Mike was really looking forward to seeing Little Mermaid on Broadway, but we didn't get tickets. Sorry, Babe. With the high security everywhere back there, we were only able to go to the Statue of Liberty (which took about 6 hours total), then later that night, we went up the Empire States Bldg (which took about 4 hours). We even got to experience the subway, which was a little frustrating since we didn't know where we were going and got on the train going the wrong way. It wasn't as easy as it was when I came with Brenda 13 years ago. I was just happy I didn't have to do any of the driving in the city. That was scarey, even with a navigator to tell us where to go. It's crazy there, but worth seeing it, but I would recommend no children, my nerves can't take too much stress in one area at a time.

Well, that is about everything, but I forgot to include my most favorite video that was taken at Hershey Park, so I am going to include that since I still love to watch it and laugh at everyone. They said it was the best ride in the park. I am wishing I would have gone on it now.

No comments: