Friday, December 12, 2008

'Tis the Season

It feels like I have been out of the loop for quite some time. I didn't think I used the internet that much to really miss it, but I did. Even simple things like checking events or keeping tabs on the bank. So, we finally got it back in the house so that I can keep up to speed on things and not mooch off of everyone's internet. So, to get you up to speed on our life, the girls are still involved with girl scouts and just recently they attended a dance clinic where they learned a dance from the dancers of the Utah Flash team. They will get to perform tonight at the game with all the girls who went. As parents we are really excited about this, especially since 9 refuses to dance ever since we had her in dance class when she was 4 and she hated the recital part and refuses to do any performances since (although she is now participating in primary programs too).
Thanksgiving was really nice this year. It is always nice to get together with family and catch up on life. I even managed to eat sensibile so I could lose my goal weight for the week. Unfortunately, I gained it back this week. It's really hard to stay focused with all the yummy food this time of year. Mom and I went out shopping on Black Friday, Mike tagged along too--I think he will stay home from now on, we wore him & 3 out pretty good.
Another one of our traditions is to go to Spring City to cut down our Christmas tree. It was such a nice day and since we didn't have snow yet, we were able to go higher in the canyon then ever. We hiked a mountain that was pretty bare, but with our kids and Alissa's we didn't want to be too picky and took the second tree we found. But, I have to say, this is my favorite tree. It is bigger than we usually pick and it is stronger so the weight of the ornaments are not a concern. We could even get the star to stay on top (instead of bending from the weight), if we could reach up and get the star on. (I am waiting for Mike to brave that ordeal).
The rest of the month is spent on Christmas stuff. Shopping, parties, more shopping, wrapping (not yet, of course), Christmas lights, and an endless list of Christmas shopping still to do.
Here is hoping you have a wonderful Christmas season! Don't forget, Jesus is the reason for the season!!

No comments: